Sunday, November 9, 2008

Faith

'Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.'
Hebrews 11:1

Faith. Faith is the biggest thing I struggle with. I am learning more and more as I get older that I need to stop trying to "understand" what God is trying to do, and just have faith. I know that with God, all things are possible - Philippians 4:13, so why would we not have faith?
To me it only makes since to ask.
I am human, I am not perfect, so one can only assume that I won't have faith all the time. I love my Lord and Savior. I truly do, and I know that I fail Him every day. I strive to live a life pleasing to Him, and I know when I am wrong. See, that is the beauty of being a child of God. He has given us the ability to sin, and ask for forgiveness. When I know I do something I shouldn't do, I know my Father will lovingly forgive me. Once He has forgiven me, I know that He still loves me and won't hold a grudge against me.
I have been through some rough roads with my Lord and Savior. He has always been there for me. His love never ceases to amaze me. He is always there, even when I don't feel Him. Just when I think He is not there, He reminds me that I am still engulfed in His great arms of love. He never let's go. If it weren't for God, I wouldn't be where I am today.
Not too long ago, I was straying away from Him, miserably. I was angry at Him, and I kept getting angrier. Nothing made me happy, and I explored anything and everything I could get my hands on to satisfy my sadness, and loneliness. These things, I am very ashamed of.
My Grandmother died in January of 2007. She lost a gruesome battle to endometrial cancer. I was extremely close to her, causing her experience, and death to impact my life in ways I didn't know were possible. One day I will share her story. For tonight, I just wanted to introduce my story.



No comments: