Friday, January 15, 2010

decisions..

Right now, I am at a stand still. I don't know what to do with my life. I am in my early twenties (well almost mid). Single. A nursing student. And I work full time. But, I am at a stand still.

I have always wanted to be a nurse for as long as I can remember. I have been in school for 5.5 years, and sometimes I feel like I am getting no where.

Currently I am awaiting to apply to the program, with the chance that I will not get in.

If you don't already know, the nursing field, as with any medical field, is extremely competitive. 

I have always had an extremely compassionate heart. I love to help people, and my heart aches when I cannot. That is one quality that God gave me, and I am so thankful I have this compassion.

Monday night, January 11,2010, as I am sure everyone is aware, a terrible earthquake occurred in country full of poverty and not many opportunities. My heart has ached for these people.

I want to help them!

I need to help them!

I have been thinking all week, O how I wish I had my nursing degree, and I would hop on an American Airlines plane and go help these people. I have racked my brain, trying to figure out a way I can go help them. Obviously I can donate, and I do plan to. I can pray, and I have been praying! But, I long to do more! I long to make an impact.

Just this afternoon, my Dad and I were talking about Haiti, and our church taking up a love offering to donate, and all the horrible things going on. My heart ached even more for the Haitians.  Dad began talking about how the airport was shut down for various reasons, and how the Navy's hospital ship was supposed to be on it's way, but they wouldn't be able to dock in the port, because the port was gone.

Navy Hospital ship?

... Wait a minute.. back up.

My mind went crazy. I knew immediately.. I had to get my fingers on some information. This would be an opportunity of a lifetime for me. I have been searching for a way to help people when disaster occurs. I have found a way.

Join the Navy, Jennifer!

Please continue to pray for the Haitians, as they are still searching for their people, and as they are looking for food, water, and medical care. These people need our help. I am also asking that you pray for me. I am still unsure that I am going to join the Navy, but I am looking for information and I am strongly considering it.

Thank you!

No comments: